Saturday, January 26, 2013

The start.

I love 3D games. No doubt. I have been wondering for a long time regarding how 3D games are made. Now it is the time to learn, study, and understand how it works and apply it into game engine.

Before my 3D class starts, one of many of my lecturers, Mr.Kwang, gives me a heads up of 3DSMax software. I was told to do a simple airplane. I tried to draw it with cylinders founded in "Standard primitives" and made some wings by using boxes(can't really recall). He gave me a few sessions of tutorials.

I learnt: Simple objects, extruding objects, basic camera control, modify>Lathe, and boolean.

It ends up looking like a cheesy looking jet plane with tons of sharp edges. He told me not to use cylinder as it is troublesome to model it somehow.

He also told me to make a candelabra as practice.

After the first session of 3D animation lecture and tutorial class, Miss Chan, 3D animation I lecturer, taught me the basic of 3DSMax including basic control, creating objects, creating lights using mental ray, applying texture and rendering it.

Candelabra 3D model


3D Candelabra with mental ray, plane and some minor adjustment

I suddenly realize that it is a bit fat and short. I will change it later though. It still takes time to perfect it.


No comments:

Post a Comment